Thursday, March 1, 2007

Thinking of a Dream I Had

Thinking of A Dream I Had by the Walkmen (14/365):

It just rocks… I love it. The drums, the guitar, the organ… if someone asked me to pick a song that sounds like New York at night, this is the song I'd pick. I could careless if you're going uptown or downtown to the Upper East side or the Village… you're waiting for the subway line, you're gonna have a good time to night, you don't want to be left alone... just everything about this song sounds like a night out in New York. Meeting random people, laughing, fun, and the fact that you're in New York which is always cool. And that's what this song is... cool.

Listen:

10 comments:

Otter said...

Great post. Love what this song means to you. Not sure if I've heard it before but I see what you mean, sort of an electric energy pulsating.

Unknown said...

I've never been to New York, (someday) but at least now I know what it sounds like.

Helen said...

And New York has that fabulous french fry place with 15 gourmet dipping sauces. What a city...

Indigo Bunting said...

OOO, WHAT fabulous french fry place?

Helen said...

It's a tiny place called Pommes Frites at 123 2nd Avenue. I had the smoked eggplant dip and a wasabi and dill one. If I had more of an entrepreneurial spirit I would try and start a Pommes Frites truck here in Kingston.

Indigo Bunting said...

I went to a fabulous place called Pommes Frites in NYC. Wonder if they are related...?

Indigo Bunting said...

OhmiGOD I just realized I've been mixing up conversations. I thought you were talking about a french fry place in DC. Obviously, we've been to the same one (all I could remember was "near Union Square."). Hey Otter, aren't you glad we're using your blog to discuss this?

Otter said...

IB, you guys/girls can talk about whatever you want... I could really careless.

As for the topic at hand... I have nothing to add. I still like McD's fries.

Otter said...

The McD fries are good...
but the secret and (HTG Mike B. winked when Kay and I asked)is the size/width of their straws. Coke just tastes better at McD's and it took years of Scientific exploration before Kay and I figured this out.

Indigo - I've been thinking (O.K. fantisizing really) about those DC caraway seed fires. I'm gonna' have to get me some of those.

Indigo Bunting said...

LO: I sure am hopeful that they still exist in the form I remember them. It has been 12 years since I've had them! (What an impression they made...)