Friday, March 30, 2007

Ooh La La

Ooh La La by the Faces

To be 100% honest, I don't know how or what I'm suppose to think of Rod Stewart. He's one of the few guys that doesn't really translate - in other words, since I didn't grow up during the Rod Stewart Era, I'm not sure what to think or do with him. Since late 1970s Rod isn't big on the radio and everyone has either forgotten or just makes fun of him during this era, what I get instead is Rod Stewart - Scottish dude who was a good football player turned lead singer of the Faces. That's pretty cool if you ask me... but then like five people will remind me he wore leather pants and sang "Do You Think I'm Sexy". I just pretend that it didn't happen but I think this is why people hate Rod Stewart, but as I said, I sorta missed out on the career of Rod Stewart so I have no real fair opinion of the man. Okay, the song... if you've ever seen Rushmore, this song and movie go hand and hand. And for all of pop music's cliches and lack of intellectualism, you really can't beat "I wish that I knew what I knew now/when I was younger."

Listen:

5 comments:

Otter said...

BO This is great. LOL. I loved your whole confusion over your feelings about Rod. I think your right on though. I remember the first time I heard someone say Paul McCartney? You mean the guys from Wings.

Indigo Bunting said...

Cool song.

I don't know what to think of Rod Stewart either. And I was there for the 70s.

Helen said...

Rod the enigma. Only his hair is non-enigmatic.

Sabine said...

I think it was actually "Da Ya Think I'm sexy".

How do you come back from that?

kellydwyer said...

I understand your frustration with Rod, but that doesn't matter when talking about "Ooh La La." Rod didn't write the song, he didn't sing the song, and he wasn't even in the studio when it was recorded.

Ronnie Lane wrote it, Ron Wood sang it.