Saturday, March 31, 2007

I'm Always in Love

I'm Always in Love by Jeff Tweedy (live)

There are days when Jeff Tweedy is my favorite musician of all time. And there are days when "I'm Always In Love" is my favorite song of all time. Today may be one of those days. Let's take Jeff first... he's going to be 40 in a few months, but he seems forever stuck at the age of 25 or 28 doesn't he? Who knows, maybe at 50 Tweedy will mature like Paul Simon or Bruce or Ron Sexsmith or any other singer song-writer that ages write songs about growing older and the issues that people with kids and families and fame and life as a middle aged man presents. Or maybe he'll continue to write tunes that speak of a conflicted, just out of college, what am I going to do with my life, what does anything mean 20something yet translate to people of every age. It will be interesting to listen to over time... but back to the song. The lyrics of this song are a bit addicting and probably ring true to most everyone. From "It's for you I swoon/I'm always in love" to "I'm worried/I'm always in love" or "I'm braggin/I'm always in love" But for me, I always find myself diggin' "It's a drag I snag/I'm always in love." This happens to me frequently... walking down the street, back in the day it would be sitting in class... maybe it's listening to a song or reading about an interesting female... it doesn't take much for me to fall in love. And maybe that's why it's so hard for me to actually fall in love. Who knows.

Listen by clicking this:

(I also found this, a huge database of live Tweedy songs including covers of some fun songs (King of Carrot Flowers Part 1). Huge find if you ask me.)

*Yep, two posts today because I missed a day this week and I wanted to catch up because Monday I have had a song planned for a while and figured might as well get back on track rather than push everything back until Tuesday...

4 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

These are great, thanks.

Otter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Otter said...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=170670195


Found the song on My Space (see above). I like this song a lot too, its on a Paste Magazine Disc I have.

Otter said...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.
viewprofile&friendID=170670195

Hope this works.