Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Keep Me In Your Heart

Keep Me In Your Heart by Warren Zevon

When ever I listen to this song, it tears my heart out of my body… so bittersweet, so sad, yet so thankful… the last words of a dying man. I was in my uncle's truck and we were listening to XRT, I have no clue where we were going, I think he was driving me back to Hyde Park after I did him a favor by meeting up with him and a kid my age... anyway, this song came on the radio and we just listened to it. I think I went home and ordered the album that night. I guess "In My Life" finally has competition when it comes to songs people will wanted played at their funeral. Just a beautiful song, even if it's one of the sadder songs I've ever heard.

(btw, I sort of think one of my uncle's looks like Warren).

Watch:

3 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

That was great. Thanks.

Helen said...

Yes, thanks for posting this. It is beautiful.

It also made me think about what songs I'd like played at my funeral. I'll have to mull that one over a bit. I know I want a chocolate fountain (the tackier the better)there for everyone to enjoy.

Otter said...

Beautiful.

Pls. make sure you sign the petition to get him inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. See his website for info.