Thursday, March 8, 2007

Concerning the UFO Sighting near Highland, Illinois

Concerning the UFO Sighting near Highland, Illinois by Sufjan Stevens (21/365)

What a way to start an album… the song is mysterious and scary. Sort of like UFOs. But it's also beautiful and I can help but think of a lonely, wintry, night on the prairie when I hear the opening bars of this song. It's the piano isn't it? Maybe it's the flute... I don't know. But it's just so early or late winter in Chicago. I imagine two high schoolers from around Peoria driving late at night when I hear this song.

Listen:
The MP3

3 comments:

Cedar Waxwing said...

I like Sufjan Stevens. In fact I'm going to do a post about him soon.

Helen said...

Ooh, I like the sound of this one...

Otter said...

There is a song on this Cd (John Wayne Gacy) that brings back old memories although it's a new CD. Freaky but he really caprures it.