Monday, March 19, 2007

The Big Guns

The Big Guns by Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins

I remember trying to find this ablum at a Best Buy in Tinley Town the weekend of the Final Four last year. George Mason was playing and Jim was buying a new laptop. Denis was down that weekend. I couldn't find this ablum, and I have no clue why I wanted it so… I mean it got an okay review on Pitchfork and Rilo Kiley is fine, but nothing more than that... so why did I want to buy it so badly? I have no clue. But I was dead set on buying this album and Neko Case's ablum. Since this wasn't at Best Buy, I didn't buy either album. Anyway... I finally did get this ablum like a week later and I fell in love with this song. I can't tell you how much I loved this song. Once again, another song I listened to all the time walking home from the Metro it that perfect spring that was DC in 2006. I loved it when the drums kicked in because it was a great beat to walk to... and I love the lyrics "I'll pretend that everyone here wants peace". Finally, it only took about 30 times for me to realize that Jenny was singing about God. But this song brings back so many plesent memories... I'd get home from work, and a lot of days I just go for a walk around Old Town (the first of the day). I miss that life a bit.

Watch it Live:

3 comments:

Fred said...

Oh, just pretend I wasn't there that weekend. Thanks for the nothing.

Otter said...

Is this a good time to bring up the fact that you were the reason we were in the Best Buy (with a bit of my help)?

Fred said...

I almost did myself, because I Jackie Smith'd your pass...