Friday, March 23, 2007

Life Wasted

Life Wasted by Pearl Jam

I probably put this best in my year in review… "But in the end, like most of this decade, it's [Pearl Jam's self titled album] an attempt to go back to the 90s. Don't we all wish we could." I probably have never said anything more correct in my life. This song is nice, like everyone else who likes Pearl Jam I was pumped for this ablum last summer. While good, it just didn't do it. I remember playing poker with Web and Hags one night last summer listening to this ablum and everyone just sort of nodding along, saying "hey this is pretty good", but in the end no one was bowled over. I miss the 90s.

Listen:

2 comments:

Otter said...

Well this video is pretty disturbing.
And as far as the music I have to wonder...
hmmm, so many GREAT songs out there, why waste your precious blog space?
Signed,
Just wondering?

MightyMartian said...

I had the same reaction to this album. I've always loved these guys, but everything since "Yield" has just made me shrug. Good stuff still, sure, but it doesn't feel the same now.