Saturday, March 10, 2007

Cattle and the Creeping Things

Cattle and the Creeping Things by The Hold Steady

The Horn Law applies here… but only after that pounding guitar and Craig Finn's voice kick everything off. I know at first his voice seems like the worst thing ever, but honestly, I love it. It's a fantastic story telling voice and Craig Finn tells great stories. The fact that he's got a kick ass back up band only helps. I don't know about anyone else, but I feeling like drinking when I hear this song. I also wish I had nights like Craig Finn more often. He meets so many interesting people and does so many interesting things!

Listen:


And an acoustic MP3 (it's pretty cool)

2 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

It is pretty cool.

Otter said...

I like the acoustic version cause I can understand/hear the lyrics, which is pretty important to me.
I have The Hold Steady - Hot Soft Light from a Paste Magazine Sampler, but I don't know it very well. YET.

BO do you know who McKenzie Phillips is?