Monday, March 5, 2007

The Funeral

The Funeral by Band of Horses

Personally, I think Pitchfork is about 50/50 when they give a recommendation for a band. Sometimes the band is as good as they say, sometimes the band isn't. With that in mind, I'm always weary going out a buying an albums just because Pitchfork gave it a good review. But for some reason I decided that Band of Horses would be a good band to buy without listening to. At first I was underwhelmed, but as the year wore on, I started to like this album more and more. And no song grew on me more so than The Funeral. It's pretty, it's sentimental, it's I'm "25 years old and have no clue how I got here...", and like all good indie songs (or so it seems) the song starts slow and then builds upon itself until it becomes a massive sound attack. Even though this song didn't crack My Top 30 last year, it's still a fantastic song. So here's to 2006, King Street, and Band of Horses.

Listen

3 comments:

Sabine said...

Yours will definitely be the blog that lists the most songs I don't know.

Otter said...

Well I think I'm a bit younger than everyone else so...

Otter said...

Hey watch who your are calling old buddy-boy.