Friday, March 9, 2007

Last Goodbye

Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley

On my all time Rip My Heart Out Songs, this is probably #1 or #2 depending on the day and the girl. I could write forever on this song, but I'll keep it short. I wish I actually experienced this song. I wish I knew when I saw a girl that it would be the last time I saw her. That this was it, that there would be a never again. Because if I knew it would be the last time, I would tell her thanks, I would tell her that she gave me more than she'll ever know. But life does not work that way, there never is a conscious last time since you'll either run into that person again (randomly) or you'll never hear from them again (which if you knew it really was the last time you'd see that person in your life I would highly suggest buying a lottery ticket and telling me who's going to win the next five Super Bowls). But this song brings back those memories of those few girls that meant more than just 'another'. They probably don't know how much they did for me, and I probably don't know how much I did for them. Funny how relationships work in the end, you spend all this time with someone only to stop all communication with them pretty much entirely within six months of saying goodbye. C'est le via.

And I should say... this might be one of my top ten, maybe five, songs of all time.

Listen:

No comments: