Sunday, March 4, 2007

Shiver

Shiver by Coldplay

Oh, Coldplay… you frustrating group of guys you… Let's see, Chris Martin bagged Gwyneth, I apparently lived down the block from where they lived when they went to UCL when I lived in London which means I probably drank in the same pubs that Chris Martin did. They've produced some absolute crap lite rock and they've also wrote some great songs. And this is a great song. I wish they wrote this song more often. I'd argue that this is the best Coldplay has to offer, Martin's vocals are good, the hooks are nice, the guitar work is interesting, and the lyrics are true. And interestingly enough, despite the greatness of this song, no one comes to mind when I hear it. I guess I haven't met her yet.

Listen:

2 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

WHAT? You DRANK? in PUBS?

Otter said...

I first took notice of Coldplay when I heard "Yellow". Maybe I have not heard enough of their "good stuff" but Yellow seems like the best they've brought so far. I'll give "Shiver" a listen and let ya' know.