Monday, April 30, 2007

Sweet Thing

Sweet Thing by Van Morrison

Last weekend I was at a wedding and the bride and groom danced to a country song that I had never heard. It was a nice song, but mos def one I never would choose. So as I sat there, watching this 'romantic'* event, I started going over songs that I would pick for my first dance with my wife. A few songs popped into my head: "God Only Knows" but that's already been done by a friend of mine. I decided "Something" was a bit too negative. To be honest, the song I kept coming back to was "Do You Wanta Dance" by the Ramones. If I found a woman would would dance to "Do You Wanta Dance" I think I have found a winner, but my mother would KILL me if I choose this song. I think it would be fantastic. Anyway, what does this have to do with "Sweet Thing"? Nothing, this would be a nice first dance song. I may even end up dancing to it for all I know. I like it, it's nice, I like the flute... and I'm sure a lot of people have chosen this as their first dance. It's a good song, what can I say.

*Apparently sarcasm is free today.

Watch it:

1 comment:

Indigo Bunting said...

It is good. I like the Ramones song more for the first dance.