Thursday, April 12, 2007

Woman

Woman by Wolfmother

To be honest, I don't think I can do this song justice - WOMAN! I'm not sure how well 'hard' rock or metal translates to the general female population, so this might be a total male song, but it just effin' rocks. The power cords, the gunshot drums, the subject matter "She's a woman, you know what I mean"... basically this might be the most phallic song* of the 21st century. It's certainly the most phallic song that I've heard thus far this century. I'm not a huge Zepplin fan, but I would probably call them the most phallic band of all time. Wolfmother appears to have potential to take that torch from those 80s hair bands. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, but it seems sort of interesting. I mean after all isn't metal pretty much based upon being really loud, power cords, and being a rock'n'roll star which entails one to drink a lot and have sex with a lot of woman? KISS, Black Sabbath, Quiet Riot, Ratt, Mötley Crüe, wasn't their entire point to promote the penis? I don't know, maybe I should do a little more research on all this. Anyway, I get pumped when I hear that opening guitar riff just rip though the air. It's sort of like opening a beer.

Watch:


*Some how this idea of a phallic makes complete sense to me.

3 comments:

Helen said...

This seems like the perfect place to post this joke:

Subject: A Study

In 1993, the American Government funded a study to see
why the head of a man's penis was larger than the
shaft. After one year and $180,000.00, they concluded
that the reason the head was larger than the shaft was
to give the man more pleasure during sex.

After the US published the study, France decided to do
their own study. After $250,000.00, and 3 years of
research, they concluded that the reason was to give
the woman more pleasure during sex.

Canada, unsatisfied with these findings, conducted
their own study. After 2 weeks and a cost of around
$75.46, and 2 cases of beer, they concluded that the
large head of the penis was to keep a man's hand
from flying off and hitting him in the forehead.

Indigo Bunting said...

Helen: Thanks. I needed that.

Otter said...

That's pretty funny. Oh Canada...