Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Something

Something by The Beatles
THE BEST SONG EVER

I could probably write about this song while listening to it for hours upon hours. This is, imo, the greatest love song of all time. It’s so unassuming… something - there is just ‘something’ about her. I’m not sure what it is, but it’s something. And at the end of the day, isn’t that what love is? It’s something that we can’t really describe and we can list all these things trying to explain what that something is… but we can never fully describe it. It’s just something. But the song also throws a little Sonnet 116 in here:
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
George doubts his love, he is unsure about his love. He just doesn’t know. But the easy bass line, beautiful strings, and aspiring chords make this song so beautiful in how it sounds, what it says, and honesty.

Listen to the mp3


Watch (warning, John and Yoko are in this video):

5 comments:

Helen said...

I'm curious about your warning about John and Yoko?

Indigo Bunting said...

That was fun. Great song.

eotter said...

Your funny. You never called me back last night. sadly, yours forever.

Otter said...

Why the warning... I don't know, seems like a lot of people aren't fans of Yoko. Plus she's always sort of been scary looking imo.

Otter said...

It is!