Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The Power is On

The Power Is On by The Go! Team

I prefer music with words, even if I actually don't listen to the words. This might sound odd, but I prefer the voice as an instrument; this is why I usually can't stand Dave Matthews, but love Lou Reed (and thus Julian Casablancas). This is why, on the hold, I love female rockers. Their voice usually complements the music much better than a males (of course there are exceptions, Eddie Vedder is great despite having a 'bad' voice and Grace Slick makes me turn the radio station faster than you can say Jack Robinson). What am I getting at here? I like sound and how those sounds work together. And I'm not sure there is a better group out that at making 'sound' than The Go! Team. Making good sound is very difficult, most people or groups that attempt this, imo, fail (see pretty much any jam band). But the Go! Team are really effing good at making kick ass sound, and thus music.

Listen, this is the best I could do, but you'll get the point: