Monday, May 7, 2007

Enine Meany

Enine Meany by Jim Noir

Editor's Note:
This week we're looking at "Songs Commercials Made Me Love". Sometimes the song is really good and placed perfectly in the commercials. Sometimes the commercial is so good that the song freerides into its greatness.



In it's own right, this is a pretty fantastic song. It's fun, it's innocent, and I love the harmonies though out the song. But the commercial tied to this song probably puts it over the top… and frankly it's my favorite commercial of all time. With this song (ditty?) playing in the back ground, two kids from Latin America play a soccer game with the games great, both past and present. It's a fun commercial... it's an amazing commercial. I love it, two kids pretending to be playing with Beckham, Zidane, Kahn, Lampard, and others... what male hasn't done that at some point in their life? And was it a goal? I say yes. And how about the mom telling him to come in, and the kids has the biggest smile on his face... I love. I could watch this all day. I wish it was longer.

As for Jim Noir, this ad inspired me to check out Noir, and his album, "Tower of Love" is really pretty good. "Eanie meany, run away/Eanie, run away"... come on it's in your head and you love it. Childhood was so great.

BTW, this was a two part commercial, here's part one where they pick the players:

3 comments:

Helen said...

Interesting theme for the week. Have you ever gone to one of those film festivals where the hightlight the 100 best commercials of the year?

Cedar Waxwing said...

Neat commercials and cool commentary. Were these commercials played on US TV? I don't watch much TV and no sports, so I missed them if they were.

Unknown said...

They were played during the World Cup last summer. It really was great, almost as good as the games.