Thursday, May 10, 2007

Flathead

Flathead by the Fratellis

Editor's Note:
This week we're looking at "Songs Commercials Made Me Love". Sometimes the song is really good and placed perfectly in the commercials. Sometimes the commercial is so good that the song freerides into its greatness. And sometimes, like oh the next two days, I just couldn't think of any other songs that I've ever bought because of a commercial. Sorry for these last two somewhat uninspired choices.

Oh the iPod, you great little invention that has, sadly, made my life so much better. I guess that's not a bad thing, that a little object that costs $300 bucks brings me joy since if I'm happy then maybe I'm more likely to bring joy to other people and do good things. But I am, alas, not a psychologist so I really have no clue. I guess this is one of the newer iPod commercials and I liked it, so I downloaded it, and it's okay. It's fun. But the name of the band sort of ticks me off, Fratellis which brings images of Frat houses and girls to my head (Frat/ellis, and yes I know it's elle, not ellis, but whatever). I'm not a big fan of frat houses or 21st century frat boys... in fact, I really don't like the 21st century, upper to middle class white male, with his button down shirts, cheesy pick up lines, job security with some big financial firm, and negative creativity. My generational peer, do you care about the world or anyone else in besides the little "hotties" that you attempted to pick up and lame bars? Are you more selfish that previous generations? Or are you just more rational? And what are you bringing to the table twenty years from now? But whatever. I have no articulate, clear point today, sort of like this song.

Watch it:

1 comment:

Otter said...

another song destimated by the i-pod