Thursday, May 17, 2007

Firecracker

Firecracker by Ryan Adams

Ugh... Ryan Adams... I honestly have little opinion on him. He makes too much bland music if you ask me. If he slowed down and choose the 12 best songs he wrote in a year rather than releasing all 53 songs he writes in a year, we'd all be better off.

That said, this song is really pretty good. After 9/11 his "New York, New York" song caught the eye of some radio guys, I liked it enough to go buy "Gold" and this easily became my favorite song on the album. It's got a good chorus and a kick ass bridge (one of the best bridges in pop music now that I think about it), and the line "Well, everybody wants to go on forever/I just wanna burn up hard and bright" sure he's channeling his inner Neil Young, but it's a nice reminder. What a great pop song.

Watch:


1 comment:

Otter said...

"sure he's channeling his inner Neil Young" ...very funny line.
I agree, loved NYC/NY but all else never really has caught my ear.

I heard he gets upset when he would get name-staken for Bryan Adams, or was it the other way around?