Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mr. Bojangles

Mr. Bojangles by David Bromberg

I can't think of a song that tells a better story than "Mr. Bojangles". I love Bromberg's version, so subtle and melancholy. This is one of those songs that when I hear it, I just sort of stop, sit down, stay quiet and listen. After a few minutes it's over, and reality sets back in, but for those six minutes, there is nothing. Life doesn't usually let us take breaks, but this song allows me to do so.

I can't find Bromberg's version of the song, but I did find author, Jerry Jeff Walker, of the song preforming "Mr. Bojangles" on youtube:

5 comments:

Otter said...

Your mom s/b proud that you have learned to stop and smell the roses.

Otter said...

P.S. Did you know she use to sing this to you when you were little?

Helen said...

I love this song... thank you!

Indigo Bunting said...

OMG, someone else knows who David Bromberg IS? Thank god. (See my #15, Loaded and Laid.)

Otter said...

I'm sure Mr. Bromberg will make the list at least once more too.

And I'm not sure I wanted my mother singing that song to me now that I think about it...