Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Don't Wait Too Long

Don't Wait Too Long by Madeleine Peyroux

Editor's Note:
This week we're looking at "Songs Commercials Made Me Love". Sometimes the song is really good and placed perfectly in the commercials. Sometimes the commercial is so good that the song freerides into its greatness.

His View:


I'm not sure I would love this song as much as I do if it wasn't for the Docker's commercial that uses this song, which is sort of weird how that all works. The song itself is good, but I probably wouldn't think twice about it if it wasn't for the ad. Two people, see each other in different cars, and they take a chance... and just when it looks like things aren't going to work out for them... it does. I'm not sure about the guy, but that's also one of the prettier girls I've seen. I love the fact that she gets off the trolly too, I think that's really what puts this ad over the top. You don't get that message too often from the media/Hollywood, about the girl taking the chance. It's a shame. Anyway, this ad is so hopeful, that I can't help but love it. Because hope is a good thing. I wonder if we, as humans, are more attracted to hope than love. Or maybe they're interchangeable. Anyway, the song has a good message. Don't wait too long.

Her View:


(Yes, there is a chance that I'm in love with that girl... it's a drag I snag, I'm always in love).

5 comments:

Otter said...

I just bought G$ this CD for our anniversry. It is full of romantic dreamy songs. Nice for nights out on the porch.

Otter said...

Are you quoting Wilco? I always thought he sang, it's a drag ass night I'm always in love, I'm praying I'm alawys in love.

Indigo Bunting said...

That was great fun. I just got romantic news today: Wednesday night I was in New York at a dinner event (see my blog). My friend Fred was there and brought his new girlfriend. I loved her. The next day (yesterday), he asked her to marry him. She said yes! They've only known each other a few months, but let me tell you, it seemed perfect. Don't wait too long! I'm floating today with news.

Unknown said...

Yes, quoting Tweedy. I've looked it up a bunch of times, and he does sing, "It's a drag I snag, I'm always in love". He may sing "drag ass night" at times though because I've heard that too.

Unknown said...

IB - Congrats to your friend!