Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tables and Chairs

Tables and Chairs by Andrew Bird

Bird's Mysterious Production of Eggs is one of my favorite albums of all time... just song after song of great music. This offering comes near the end of the album. It's pretty, his voice soars and it has this nice little beat. But what I really love, is in the middle of the song when Bird lyrically, let's it fly. Some how he makes the end of the world sound so romantic. I know I wouldn't mind falling for someone in financial ruin... it'd be sort of fun. An adventure, me an a love, traveling though the world with dancing bears, bands, and no money.

I know we're gonna meet someday in the crumbled financial institutions of this land
There will be tables and chairs
Pony rides and dancing bears
There'll even be a band
'cause listen after the fall there'll be no more countries
No currencies at all
We're gonna live on our wits
Throw away survival kits
Trade butterfly knives for adderal
And that's not all
Woah!
There will be snacks, there will
There will be snacks!

Listen Live!

And a small studio clip:

Andrew BirdTables and Chairs


1 comment:

Indigo Bunting said...

Mmmmm, snacks. That was fun.