Thursday, May 31, 2007

Angeles

Angeles by Elliott Smith

Another from Good Will Hunting, one of those movies that I still enjoy after all these years. Maybe it's because that even as I grow older, I can still take something away from the movie. ANYWAY, this is one of the prettier songs that I know. The arpeggio on the guitar, Smith's voice sounds soulful and honest, and the lyrics ring true. It's one of those songs that even if you're sitting around up to nothing, it makes you want to take a road trip (and not necessarily to LA), just because you know that there's something out there to search for... something in our souls that's worth searching for and finding.

I should also say, that this has been, so far, the most difficult song to articulate... it goes beyond words. It's just so... I don't know how to say it.

Watch:

3 comments:

Helen said...

Very nice. Almost every song you post is one I've never heard before, so I'm really enjoying your blog.

Otter said...

Well thanks! I'm happy you're enjoying it!

Indigo Bunting said...

Nice.