Monday, June 11, 2007

Under Control

Under Control by the Strokes

It's easy, feels right, and it's straight forward. From the opening drums to Julian's voice to the guitar work, you know how this song is going to play out... and that's what makes it enjoyable. This album reminds me of my senior year of college and my dorm room. Nothing really interesting to add there... I liked my roommates, we had some nice conversations, for the most part we got along.

But back to the song... it's really just an easy, summer night, type song. Crack open a window, a beer, and watch a baseball game on the porch type of song. Maybe throw my arm around a new girlfriend. Something like that... I love it.


I don't want to change your mind,
I don't want to waste your time.
I just want to know you're alright.
I've got to know you're alright;
You are young, darling
For now, but not for long
Under control.

1 comment:

Otter said...

A new girlfriend?
Is that a fantasy or reality?
P.S. We are coming for a visit soon (4th of July)