Friday, June 22, 2007

Down With Disease

Down With Disease by Phish

My best friend in my late grade school years and into high school was a big music fan. And he LOVED Phish in high school. Loved them. I'm not totally sure why since, I mean they're aiight, but they're Phish. They can write a catchy hook and Mike Gordon is pretty awesome, but they didn't actually mean anything. I mean what did Phish even write about? What was the point to their songs?

Yeah, they were a jam band and sort of got lumped in with the Dead because of that (unfairly I might add... unlike the Dead, Phish were pretty good). Anyway, this song was loved by pretty much everyone who didn't actually follow or was into Phish since it had a nice hook and the lyrics actually meant something (usually to females more so than males in high school).

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful but now Im on my way
But when I think its time to leave it all behind
I try to find a way but theres nothing I can say to make it stop

I guess those pretty much perfectly sum up high school and leaving high school. So at the very least, at least Phish has that going for 'em.

Watch an unlive version of the song... like all jam bands Phish was known for their live performances, which I thought sort of sucked:

No comments: