Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Delaney

The Delaney by The Libertines

Pete Doherty has packed a shit load in to his brief 28 years here on Earth. Maybe too much. But hey, anyone who writes songs that sort of sound like the Clash meet the Ramones in the 21 century, dates Kate Moss, and has a crack addiction... well he gets a tip of the hat from me. Not that I support drug use or abuse, but we can appreciate Mr. Doherty's efforts of living the Rock'n'Roll life style. Personally, I attempt to be a man of the High Life, and therefore I can appreciate someone else's efforts to lead a life for a cause and of substance (abuse). So I raise my High Life to Mr. Doherty for his musical talents.

And to be honest, it's a shame that Chuck Klosterman and Pete haven't taken a trip across Europe. Sure, there is a 86% chance that one of them will die on such a trip, but if Chuck survived it'd be like the greatest rock'n'roll book ever. This needs to happen.

Anyway, I like this song, it is as if the Ramones sped up a Clash song... what's not to love?

Watch:

No comments: