Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Heart In A Cage

Heart in a Cage by The Strokes

I just write 'em as they come... but still lots of Stroke songs recently. Yet, that's not a bad thing.

In the first months of 2006 this was probably my favorite Friday/Saturday night song. Not sure why, it isn't the most 'oh yeah, night on the town baby!' song. But it's just got that driving beat and it just sort of feels like one of those songs that you would have playing in the background of a movie when one is at a bar just soaking it in, the people, their actions, the ridiculousness of it all... it's one of those songs. It helps me sort of see the hypocrisy of my generation. Maybe it's the bridge that sort of brings that to life for me:
All our friends, they're laughing at us
All of those you loved you mistrust
Help me I'm just not quite myself
Look around there's no one else there

Watch:

1 comment:

Indigo Bunting said...

I'm liking your Strokes songs. I'd been meaning to pay more attention to them anyway...