Monday, February 19, 2007

Today (4/365)

Today by the Smashing Pumpkins:

Sad but true facts: I was humming this song the day that Kurt Cobain died. I was 13 years old and in 6th grade, humming "Today", when I came home and my mom told me of Cobain's death. And I totally thought he wrote this song. I'm ashamed, but whatever. I found out that one of the best bands to come from Chicago wrote and preformed the song a few days later so I didn't suffer further embarrassment. At 13 this song was easy to like and understand the whold grunge thing. And it holds up 15 years later, which shouldn't be that shocking. Anyway, I guess the Pumpkins are getting back together, which, I'll be honest, I don't think really needs to happen.

Watch it:

2 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

Why is being wrong about music so embarrassing? But it is. And I think you're right, sometimes even great bands should just let it alone and not try to reunite...

Otter said...

Man B.O. when this song came out I was living in a musical desert.

I'm embarrassed that I never knew this song til now, especially a band from Chicago.

Good choice.

BTW did you hear that The Police are getting back together too? I think The Beattles got it right when they never did.