Sunday, February 25, 2007

Hold On, Hold On

Hold On, Hold On by Neko Case

She finally makes the list… Neko Case's album from last year, Fox Confessor Brings the Flood, will forever take me to Alexandria, VA. Hags and I had a decent place in an unbelievable location in Old Town and pretty much every night I would take a walk. I would just walk some what aimlessly around Old Town, up and down the same streets night after night after night. And I loved every second of it. I got to know every inch of a few square miles between the Metro tracks, Queen Street, 495, and the river over that year. And Neko's voice will forever play in my head when I think of the waterfront, parks, and pleasant streets of Old Town. I didn't take my iPod on these walks very often, but Neko would be played at some point when I did... and she's from Alexandria on top of it. This song is something else, and I love the lyrics "I leave the party at 3am/Alone thank God" it's just so... late night. So here is to those peaceful walks though Old Town and Neko's voice. Oh that voice.

List to the entire song:

7 comments:

Otter said...

Wow this is post I've most been waiting for, been most curious when it would show, most interested in what you would say.
Sweet.
P.S. Here in the desert Neko has not caught on. Maybe someday, maybe... Thankfully I'm able to stream WXRT here. At least I'm no longer starving and thirsty.

Deloney said...

I've heard nothing but good things about that album.

Otter said...

It's one of the albums that I would suggest buying no matter what 'type' of music you like. Her voice is something else.

Indigo Bunting said...

Wow. Fab. I haven't been in Old Town in years. Is there still a Hard Times Cafe there?

Otter said...

Yep, Hard Times Cafe is still there.

Indigo Bunting said...

One of my first memorable encounters with a fellow blogger, Sewa Yoleme, was at that Hard Times.

Cedar Waxwing said...

Coming late to this post...

You lived in Old Town? Lucky you. We used to live in Del Ray - before it got to be a hip/popular place.

I've never heard of this artist. I'll give the song a listen.

Back -- Lovely voice.