Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Suspicious Minds

Suspicious Minds by Elvis

I threw this on a mix for a now ex-girlfriend because I was on an Elvis kick. There we were driving from New Haven to Hartford on a fall afternoon enjoying Elvis in all his fantastic over the top Elvis glory yet still being able to pull it off (note: only Elvis and U2 have really been able to pull this off, this 'larger than life, this is absolutely ridiculously, but since it's Elvis/U2 this is still awesome' type music). But you know how the song fades out as if Elvis is leaving and you think that the song is ending... but then it comes back? Well I scared the absolute shit out of the then girlfriend by singing "Caught in a trap/I can't walk out/Because I love you too much baby" very loudly. We didn't almost get in a accident, but I scared the shit out of her. And other than some parachuting Elvis playing this song during Elvis Night at Comiskey, I really have nothing else to add about Elvis or this song.

We Can't Go On Together...

5 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

Really fun read...

Otter said...

Guys that make mixes for girls rock! They are better and longer lasting than flowers.
P.S. Only date girls that get this concept.

Helen said...

Ok, now I'm totally confused. Are Otter and lolololo the same person???
Am I losing my mind???

Unknown said...

No, Lolo is my aunt.

Ilk said...

this is my favorite song to sing in the shower.