Monday, December 29, 2008

#6 -- Best Songs of 2008

Whatever You Like by T.I.


Sometimes the best songs are the tunes that lack any sort of intellectualism and are so literal that it can't be taken seriously. What are Stacks on deck? Who drinks Patron on ice? And we live in a world where lyrics like "Late night sex so wet you're so tight" are followed up with lines like "I'll gas up the jet for you tonight". Yet we don't have some politician's wife attempting to ban hip-hop. So if T.I. actually means anything it's that we are progressing culturally and socially even as we regressed politically. (And if we wanted to ban T.I. it would be because he followed up a line about having sex with taking a jet... I mean really T.I.? That's the best you could do?)

Look the song is catchy as hell, it's more fun than Fleet Foxes, and it proves that U.S. culture is more liberal than our politics.

(Editors note: I hope I'm not forcing that last point.)

But then again, we can vote however we'd like:

No comments: