Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Need You

I Need You by The Beatles


A few weeks ago I was eating at Potbelly, and the guy playing at the time broke this song out... I had forgotten how absolutely fantastic it is.

And then after a little digging, I found out it's for or about Pattie Boyd. Pattie Boyd must have been one hell of a woman and muse. Why?

Well, Harrison wrote "I Need You" and "Something" for Pattie Boyd. Eric Clapton wrote "Wonderful Tonight" and "Layla" for her. THOSE ARE LIKE FOUR OF THE GREATEST SONGS EVER!!!! AND THEY ARE ALL ABOUT THE SAME PERSON!!!!

Come on people! This is amazing! Why don't we talk about Pattie Boyd on a daily basis? Why isn't she more well known? Seriously... we had men writing some amazing songs about her. It was like the Trojan War. And yet all I can find is photo exhibition on her.

If Joe DiMaggio is the Father of Pop Culture, the George Harrison is Menelaus, Eric Clapton is Paris, and Pattie Boyd is the Helen of pop culture.

No comments: