Monday, October 13, 2008

Your Love

Your Love by the Outfield


I had never really noticed this song until I was living in London and over the course of four months it sort of became one of the two or three official songs of my time there.

There were eight of us living in two flats on the northern edge of central London. We worked four days a week at Westminster—not only were we living together, we were also working together. The eight of us couldn't get away from each other. And since we were working, staying out until 1 or 2 in the morning was really an option most nights. There were nights when we'd all sit around and watch the BBC or even pop in a DVD.

And this is how I remember this song... it was a chilling in the flat song. I'm sure we only listened to it on a Friday or Saturday night when 'Bama wanted to get a little pumped to go out. And as that opening rift started up I too would get a little excited about what was ahead of us that night.

What's funny is that D has always said that the Strokes "Someday" reminds him of London because I listened to it all the time... but Someday doesn't bring up memories of London for me... it's the Outfield and "Your Love" because 'Bama listened to it all the time.

This is a pretty great song I might add (sorry about the video but it was the best I could do).

No comments: