Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Daniel

Daniel by Elton John


I can't really tell you why I like Elton John so much other than he's really good. And that's a pretty darn good reason isn't it? I also like the glasses he wore in the '70s. I'm not sure a musician dressed more perfectly for the kind of music he/she played than Elton John in the '70s.

But here's my question... where the hell is the current Elton John or Billy Joel (though if I was Billy Joel, I'd drink myself under the table every night in Manhattan too if I was always thrown in the same sentence as Elton John, but that's another day)...

ANYWAYS, where was I? Oh yes, the current singer/piano player pop star... where is he? I would very much like to have one in my life. And Ben Folds does not count because he's Ben Folds. The Fray is a band and they only have that one song. Anyway if anyone has any good piano playing pop starts that I should check out, hit up the comments section.

As for this song... for reasons I can't explain to you this reminds me of a German I knew about a year ago who worked at Su Casa (a Catholic Worker house in Back of the Yards). Daniel is now long gone, I'm 99.9% sure I'll never see, hear, or talk to him again; but I'll always remember him because of this song.

Music and the mind are weird. But everyone knows that.

No comments: