Sunday, July 6, 2008

She Moves in Secret Ways

She Moves in Secrete Ways by Polly Paulusma



I'm not sure where I found this song or even when I first heard it, but some how I ended up with this song on iTunes in the last few years. Now that I think about it, my best guess is that The Lou gave it to me on some mix CD three years ago...

Anyway, I have no clue who Polly Paulusma is or any of her other works, but she gets it done here. The song meanders and appears to be in no rush to get anywhere, just like a walk between two people who have known each other for a few weeks and are thinking about maybe, just maybe sticking around. Polly's pretty voice takes us though the lyrics, peaking whenever she sings "she moves in secret ways".

The romantic/pop culture fool in me pictures this song being played during some scene in a movie - a kiss and she walks away, just a few feet in front of the guy as he smiles sheepishly at first, but then grinning like luckiest man on Earth. You know, one of those moments that we all dream of and wish that could happen to us... and if they do it's always in a memory, often bittersweet, thinking back at a time when something similar to this happened...

Random thought: I sort of wish I could hear Jeff Buckley do this song.

No comments: