Sunday, July 27, 2008

Karma Police

Karma Police by Radiohead



Is Radiohead the hardest band to write about it?

For me... yes. I mean what do you say? For the most part, their lyrics are ambiguous. Yorke has admitted as much—his words mean little to nothing, just pieces or lines of the thousand of words he's written. If the words fit... then they go into the song. So even though I'm not a lyric guy, it's next to impossible to be literal with Radiohead.

Then their is the sound, which is so complex, imo, that attempting to explain it is fruitless (especially considering you can just friggin' listen to the song).

So what you get are amazing songs, that mean nothing, sound great, and attempting to jump start the memory... just doesn't happen for me. I can't say that Radiohead has ever been a soundtrack to any part of my life... because if I'm listening to Radiohead, I'm listening to effing Radiohead. That's it. I'm not making out with a girl or cruising with the windows down and a good friend next to me. Radiohead isn't that kind of band. Just as the Blues Brother's Band wasn't the type of band that wrote letter's to you in prison, Radiohead isn't the type of band that you have on in the background.

No comments: