Thursday, September 25, 2008

Direct Hit

Direct Hit by Art Brut



I have nothing to say about this song other than Art Brut is good, but I just wanted to get down a few pointless musings:

* I think the Minnesota/North Dakota is the most underrated and under appreciated rivalry in the United States. At this point we've managed to play up every state rivalry possible with Ohio/Michigan probably the biggest just because there seems to be little difference between the two places except one has the shittiest town in American (Detroit) and the other has the town everyone makes fun of (Cleveland). Anyway, for some reason we have managed to over look the Minny v. ND rivalry for far too long, it it appears to be a good natured rivalry. If Minny and ND were people, they would have one of those teasing relationships with sexual innuendo and sly smiles whenever the other person said something nearly offensive. And everyone likes those people and their relationship. This interview with Mr. Klosterman reminded me of this.

* I really want to go to the French speaking area of Maine some day. And along those lines, if dreams and goals come true, then there's a good chance I would own a house in either Maine or Minnesota.

* While I'm at it, other places I'm a fan of in these fine States that are United: Long Island, the area in between Boston and New York in Connecticut, Minnesota, western Michigan, Chicago, Savannah, California (all of it), Seattle...

* Because I've been checking it out a good amount, I should give Meet Me in Montauk a shout out. Gotta love the name of the blog and he/she is sort of doing the song a day thing too, yet another reason to give a link. I'll give them an official link one of these days.

* Currently the best blog in the world?

* I know they announced this three months ago, but I'm still pumped the Strokes are getting back together. And yes, for-all-intents-and-purposes I think they broke up two years ago.

No comments: