Thursday, April 24, 2008

Don't Ask Me Why

Don't Ask Me Why by Billy Joel
(no clue what's going on with the video here)



I've always sort of considered Billy Joel and Bon Jovi East Coast phenomenons. They always seem to be so much more East Coast than American and the success to each is sort of lost on everyone west of I-95. But apparently this theory does not hold true with Billy Joel.

It's not that I don't like Billy Joel, it's just he's so New York and so Long Island that to some kid from Chicago, he doesn't translate all that well in the 21st century. Of course this is the same man that wrote "Allentown" so who knows really. Maybe I'm the one who doesn't get it.

Anyway, this is easily my favorite Joel song. It's simple, it's catchy, it's a ditty. And I sort of like the message, take a chance, go for it, and don't ask me why. You only get one chance, so take that chance. Yet another carpe diem song, which isn't a bad thing. It's just amazing how large of a market we have as a society for these types of songs.

A song that puts me in a good mood, and I like songs like that.

No comments: