Wednesday, April 2, 2008

1997

1997 by Mason Jennings



This is D's favorite Mason song... and it's probably in my top three. Just a pretty and thoughtful song. It reminds me of all those days past that were nice, good days. Days that were some how special... days that linger in the back of your mind for some reason, neither good or bad, they just were. Some times the best of days are days that just were.

These days tend to be a bit bittersweet. They weren't perfect days, but upon reflection, it's the imperfect of these days that makes them perfect. (I realize that by saying that I don't mean anything, but I think it sounds cool and it makes perfect sense in my mind; and yes I said perfect three times in that sentence). ANYWAYS, maybe it was just a bit too cool out side. Maybe it was a little too humid out. Maybe you didn't say the right things that night, but you still kissed and cuddled when you went to bed. And for that reason, you still remember that day. Maybe not what you talked about, but how you felt.

Literally, this song is much different. But forget that for the moment... the song reminds me of those days when I'd walk around Old Town. And when the chorus starts up, I take a deep breath, and a small smile comes across my face. Those weren't always the best of days. But they weren't the worst of days either. I had a piece of mind and that's always nice.

Was it a sign? I think it probably was.

1 comment:

Otter said...

You sound just like your father's father in this post.