Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hold My Hand

Hold My Hand by Hootie and the Blowfish



I bet you read that and either smiled or laughed. Oh, he’s being ironic.

Well you’re wrong. This song is FANNNN-TASTIC on it’s own right.

When you get down to all time great pop songs, this song is on the short list. Hootie and his Blowfish friends nail this song. The verse is just good enough to keep you around. And then the pre-chorus/bridge, with an all time great hook “cause Ive got a hand for you/cause I wanna run with you”. And then the chorus and the hold my hand stuff.

The song even has a needless guitar solo.

Look there are two songs about hand holding – the Beatles “I Wanta Hold Your Hand” and Hootie and the Blowfish’s “Hold My Hand”. They’re both fantastic pop songs and a ton of fun to listen too. Just like holding someone’s hand.

No comments: