Saturday, February 2, 2008

Social Life

Social Life by Koufax

I have no clue what happened to these guys, but for a period of time in 2003 I listened to them, this song espically, a lot. Memories are fuzzy... I want to say I listened to it while living in London, but history tells me that this is unlikely. So maybe it was my senior year of college? Who knows. For a period of time when I had a lot of free time and listened to a song a lot, this song doesn't trigger memories. Sort of a drag.

No matter, this song has a lot going on but it's pretty straight forward. Listen here (best I can do). Anyway, the song tackles cocaine use... I'm not sure if they're pro or con coke, but they're singing about it and includes two classic lines (no pun intended) "Simply calling it trouble doesn't make sense, When doctors and lawyers are clients" and " There are those two streets in Brooklyn/And it's Lou Reed lyrics as living" I've always like the Lou Reed line. I can see thousand of Brooklyn hipsters trying to live their life as if it was a Lou Reed lyric. Oh hipsters...

Anyway, I have no clue if their name has anything to do with Sandy Koufax. And I don't know if this song has anything to do with Iggy Pop. I feel like I have more to say about this song, but I don't.

No comments: