Thursday, February 7, 2008

Rocket Man

Rocket Man by Elton John

Is this Elton's most famous song? Apparently it's not... according to last.fm it's his 10th most listened to song over the last 10 months. So, yeah... I'm not sure what to write here. Of course this is a good song. It's hard to not like this song. The lyrics are thoughtful and honest. Apparently it's about a Ray Bradbury book. Not sure how I feel about this. I am not against songs that have little or nothing to do with modern life, but at the same time, songs that say something about there here and now are just so much more... or are they? I mean, the music in this song is pretty fantastic. Elton's voice nails each note and the piano is nice. So yeah... I am much better at this when the song means something to me or the world. Let's just move on to tomorrow.

No comments: