Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Us Ones In Between

Editor notes: This week INDIE BANDS THAT SUCK YET EVERYONE TELLS ME THEY ARE AWESOME, ONLY THEY AREN'T AND NO ONE WILL SAY IT.

Us Ones In Between by Sunset Rubdown

I don't know where to begin. I tried to like this band. I listened to "Shut Up I'm Dreaming" about 20 times during the summer of 2007 at work.

But this is what I concluded from the album: It Sucked. The band tries to sound big, it tries to do interesting things, it tries to play well. But they fail. Big time. Songs take far to long to develop and they rarely go any where. Take this song as a great example. The rift isn't interesting or good. The lead singer sounds like shit. There is a completely unnecessary and annoying triangle which is for some reason really really really loud. And the song never builds... or... goes... any... where... and thus it's one of the most boring songs I've heard in a while. It's bad. It's down right ugly.

It's just quasi-psychedelic noise. The lead singer sounds like he's been shot in the liver and both legs, but he's kind of happy about it. And therefore, Sunset Rubdown is an indie/hipster band that fucking sucks. I don't care what anyone says. They blow.

But here's what's weird... I really like Wolf Parade. However this doesn't excuse the shit that is Sunset Rubdown.

No comments: