Monday, November 17, 2008

Insistor

Editor notes: This week INDIE BANDS THAT SUCK YET EVERYONE TELLS ME THEY ARE AWESOME, ONLY THEY AREN'T AND NO ONE WILL SAY IT.

Insistor by Tapes 'n Tapes

First of all, what the fuck is insistor? Wikipedia doesn't come up with anything. This leaves me confused. And since I don't know what it is the fact that the band is using it is lame. This is the best song on the album though.

Second, I'm supposed to like this band because they sound like the Pixies (they don't) and Pavement (they don't). Not buying it. Sorry. These guys fall into the "Bands that don't do a good job ripping off a good band" category. They should let Pavement keep doing whatever the fuck the guys from Pavement are doing.

Third, is there any sort of rhythm to this band? I don't feel like moving or singing along or doing anything when I hear the songs off of "The Loon". Do any of their songs go any where? Let me answer that: No.

Fourth, I'm sorry, but "The Loon" sounds like a bunch of songs written by 10th graders and preformed by a bad college band. Nothing about the song structure or the sound is redeemable. Whoever the front man is sounds like he's whining half the time and would someone please tell me why there is so much unnecessary noise in these songs? Please? Because it's fucking annoying.

Fifth, this was the album that made me loose faith in Pitchfork as any sort of guide to new music. That's not to say that Pitchfork sucks, it just means that I couldn't use them as a guide to buy new music without actually listening to the band first. This was totally my fault. And Pitchfork does have important things to say, I can't stress that enough. But when it came to judging music I enjoy and music they enjoy... well our relationship was over.

Finally, Tapes 'n Tapes is one of those annoying indie bands whose sound is unoriginal, I think you have to do designer rich white boy drugs to enjoy them, and they can't write a fucking song. But since they can sort of play an instrument and we don't know what the fuck they're talking about, every hipster liked them for a few months in 2005. A fucking shame because Tapes 'n Tapes suck.

No comments: