Monday, August 11, 2008

If We Can Land A Man On The Moon, Then Surely I Can Win Your Heart

If We Can Land A Man On The Moon, Then Surely I Can Win Your Heart by Beulah



I love the title to this song. It's so obvious yet so brilliant. The song itself is more fun than anything else, but the title. It really makes you think if we can put a man on the moon, then why can't she love me? After all, all you need is a pretty song. Shouldn't love be that easy? Or at least, easier than putting men on rocket ships to the moon?

I'm not often amazed about the fact that we landed many men on the moon. I don't sit around thinking about it and it doesn't blow my mind, but when I hear this song I do start to think... and it's pretty crazy. We launched men off of Earth and then some how got them to land on the moon. Putting a man on the moon has to be a much tougher feat than falling in love. So if we can as a country or society or as the human race do such a thing... then why can't I win her heart?

I think I'm repeating myself... which means it's time to go... yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah... yeah. I'll fight, if you want me to fight.

No comments: