Monday, July 13, 2009

Rock With You

Rock With You by Michael Jackson

I know I write a lot of these with "maybe" but I like it... it works... so I'm doing it again.

Maybe it's the drums. Maybe it's the smoothness. Maybe it's the bass. Maybe it's Michael's voice. Maybe it's the kick ass chorus. Maybe it's the hand claps. Maybe it's the amazing bridge...
I don't know what it is exactly about this song, but when you put it all together it's one of the all time greats.

"When you feel that beat, We're gonna ride that boogie"

This was Michael at his best. A perfect blend of late 70s yacht rock, disco, pop, rock, and R&B. Michael is never over the top--a rarity for him--hitting each note almost subtly and flawlessly. It's a damn near perfect song.

Editors Note: I've covered Michael enough for the time, so I'll be moving on. I honestly thought I'd dive deeper into his cultural impact, but the music end up taking over. I'm sure a Michael song will come up from time to time from here on out... but for now, Bye Michael and thanks.

No comments: